A clinical preparedness permit (CPP) ensures that York University, School of Nursing (YUSON) students have met the following requirements, prior to entering their clinical placements:
- Up-to-date immunizations,
- Basic life support for health care provider certification (CPR Level HCP)
- Respirator fit testing (N95 Mask Fit Testing)
- Valid police check which includes vulnerable sector screening
- Influenza vaccine, when available
- WHMIS I training (every 2 years)
It is the responsibility of the nursing students to ensure that all the necessary documents are obtained and housed in the CPP booklet. All students enrolled in YUSON nursing programs are required to have their CPP stamped by Synergy.
In order to provide efficient service to nursing students, effective March 1, 2015 CPP stamping will be undertaken on campus by Synergy.
Initial appointment: $46.20*
Follow-up Appointment (missing documents): $20.00*
Missed appointment: Full Charge of Appointment
Third or Additional Appointment(s): $46.20*
Cancellation/Reschedule within 48hrs: $20.00*
*All prices shown are inclusive of HST.
Here is what you need to do and know:
- As CPP stamping will be by appointment only, you will need to book an appointment with Synergy using their online registration site (Synergy Gateway) http://www.synergy-employment.com/yorkuniversity.
- You will receive Synergy Gateway login information from Synergy via email (sent to your York University email address). You will require this information to login and make a CPP stamping appointment. If you have not received login information, please contact Synergy's Helpdesk by Clicking Here or visit this site to create a Helpdesk ticket http://synergyemploymentservices.kayako.com/.
- Your CPP stamping appointment will take place on campus in the HNES building (location, dates, and times to be announced with appointments also available at the Synergy Offices).
- Related appointment fees will be paid directly to Synergy at the time of your appointment by Visa, M/C or Debit.
- To ensure confidentiality of personal information, you will be asked to sign a consent form to be provided at your CPP appointment.
- Should you require a 2nd appointment due to missing required documents, you will be charged to follow-up appointment fee ($20)
- If you need to cancel-reschedule your appointment, you must complete this task in the Synergy Gateway. Appointment changes can be made up to 24 hours prior to your appointment without incurring any additional fees. Changes to your appointment made within 24 hours are subject to additional fees.
- Once you have met all the requirements for the CPP stamping, Synergy will affix the certified stamp of completion to your CPP.
- If you have a positive police check, your CPP will be stamped, however you must contact the Manager of the NPCO regarding the next steps prior to starting your clinical placement.
- Please note that the Synergy Helpdesk cannot book, cancel or make changes to student appointments.
- Synergy Helpdesk is available Monday to Friday, from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm EST. The Helpdesk operates on a ticket-based system and all inquiries are answered by email.